“The right to study, leisure and free time”
The protection and the promotion of children and adolescents’ rights are the starting point to build an inclusive, supportive society, attentive to everyone’s needs. Education is a key element and a fundamental principle, as well as the right to leisure and to free time.
Since 2012, Arci Solidarietà manages several Youth Centres (CAG – Centri di Aggregazione Giovanile) in Rome targeted to Italian and migrant children and teenagers up to 18 years of age. These spaces are aimed at tackling socio-cultural disadvantage offering new opportunities for aggregation and socialization.
We currently manage four youth centres and a youth and family intercultural centre, funded by the Municipality of Rome:
- “I Ragazzi del Muretto”- 11-18 years old children and adolescents
- “Poligiovani” – 13-18 years old youngsters
- “Tutti al Centro” – 3-18 years old children and adolescents
- “Luogo Comune” – 11-18 years old children and adolescents
- “Caleidos Comunità Solidale” – 6-18 years old children and adolescents and families
Since our foundation, we work with schools of every grades to promote our values: inclusion, dialogue, peace, freedom and equality.
We are currently developing the following projects in schools:
- Laboratori Integrati di Supporto al Disagio Scolastico e Lotta alla Dispersione Scolastica: mediation, psychological support, activities to prevent school dropout and Italian languages courses. the project is funded by the Municipality of Rome.
- T.O.T.E.M. – territori opportunità tecnologie educazione mutualità: project funded by “Con i Bambini” foundation with the main aim to prevent school dropout, educational poverty and social exclusion of families and children. the project is implemented by a consortium of eight organizations;
- #Altafrequenza: project funded by “Con i Bambini” foundation, developed by Arci Solidarietà in a consortium of seven not for profit organization, with the main aim to fight against school dropout and educational poverty;
- RSC SCUOLA: schooling project for Roma children and adolescents, to foster their integration and the social inclusion of their families. The project is funded by the Municipality of Rome and developed together with “ERMES Cooperativa Sociale O.n.l.u.s.” and “Focus – Casa dei Diritti Sociali”.
Other projects we are developing with youth and children are
- Una chiave per il futuro: project developed together with the juvenile justice center “Centro per la Giustizia Minorile del Lazio, Abruzzo e Molise”, fostering the integration of minors and young adults aged between 14 and 25, at risk or already involved in the criminal circuit, in paths of social inclusion, work and training.
- Mediazione sociale per Adolescenti e Giovani: social mediation project, developed together with the juvenile justice center “Centro per la Giustizia Minorile del Lazio, Abruzzo e Molise”.